In the last couple of years, skills development has been facing several transformations. It started from learning a new skill from direct and physical interaction in the Universities and Schools, then to virtual and e-learning software platforms as Youtube and Lynda.com. In a study done by McKinsey about the effectiveness of these methods in the process of skill development, 11% of executives felt that the leadership development initiatives would give them the desired results in the long term; however, the companies felt worried about skill development and the future of work. This situation led to the evolution of leadership development that allowed the companies to focus more on the delivery and assessment features driven by the new technologies, and here a new solution was introduced called LXP.
- What is the Learning Experience Platform?
Learning Experience Platform is a user-friendly online platform whose purpose is to create personalized learning content and help users to discover new learning opportunities. Learning Experience Platforms (LXPs) are a group of learning platforms that collect learning content and courses from different sources in one place. Learning Experience Platforms are user-centric that means LXPs allow employees to customize their learning to their own needs and add the content that is relevant to their learning strategy and goals. LXPs encourage collaborative learning and increase the engagement rate among learners.
- Features of LXPs
- Supports users’ content creation: people learn best from each other that’s why users will be able to share their created content on any learning platform with their employees. Shared content can be online content, screen captures and recordings, videos, questions, documents, and webcam recordings.
- Personalization: users like to search for content based on their needs. There are two types of personalization:
- Behavior-based data: learners receive content based on their behavior as who they have followed and interacted with, or topics that they have liked before.
- Structured data: learners can find content based on their job title, skills, location, job role, and content that they have viewed before.
- Content Creation: creating content should be an easy process to help the users easily create and share learning content with others and keep the platform always fresh with new content that will keep the learners connected.
- Enhance data insights and reporting: through LXP
- Users can receive data insights regarding their performance and percentage of completing learning content.
- Admins can use dashboards to view the overall performance of their learners.
- Learners can have access to what they have learned and viewed before.
- Learners can receive reports about different types of content and which one is more successful than others.
- Admins can view dashboards that show what times drive more interactions among the learners.
- Enhance connections and sharing: through the platform, people can connect, follow their mentors and people that have the same interests. In addition to this, learners will have the ability to like, comment, and share learning content with others, and finally, learners can easily search for content they want or search for people to follow.
Finally, Learning Experience Platforms and its features are essential as they can help your learners to experience a new way of developing their skills that are needed to build their career and achieve their goals.