Badgewell is seeking an experienced Senior Data Warehousing Engineer to join the team to work on an interesting off-shore project with a European customer.
- Develop data warehouse process models, including sourcing, loading, transformation, and extraction.
- Verify the structure, accuracy, or quality of warehouse data.
- Map data between source systems, data warehouses, and data marts.
- Develop and implement data extraction procedures from other systems, such as administration, billing, or claims.
- Design and implement warehouse database structures.
- Develop or maintain standards, such as organization, structure, or nomenclature, for the design of data warehouse elements, such as data architectures, models, tools, and databases.
- Provide or coordinate troubleshooting support for data warehouses.
- Write new programs or modify existing programs to meet customer requirements, using current programming languages and technologies.
- Design, implement, or operate comprehensive data warehouse systems to balance optimization of data access with batch loading and resource utilization factors, according to customer requirements.
- Perform system analysis, data analysis or programming, using a variety of computer languages and procedures.
- Create supporting documentation, such as metadata and diagrams of entity relationships, business processes, and process flow.
- Create or implement metadata processes and frameworks.
- Review designs, codes, test plans, or documentation to ensure quality.
- Computer science degree or equivalent experience
- Experience: 5-7 yrs
- Technical Skills: SQL, Redshift, Python
- Experience with Microsoft, Oracle and Teradata technology stack is required.
- Experience pulling data from 3rd party systems and services (i.e. Netsuite, Facebook, Google Ads, etc.)
- Experience pulling Google Analytics data via BigQuery
- Intrinsically motivated
- Driven to exceed expectations and help others succeed
- Detail oriented
- Focused on progressive improvements, start with the scrappy quick win vs. the impossible to obtain perfect solution