Our Big Data Analytics Business Unit is the entry point for evaluating new technologies, use cases and assess the impact or opportunity on business capabilities. As part of this team, we are looking to hire a technologist dedicated to support the Business Intelligence and Analytics Innovation portfolio with a focus on emerging technologies such as cloud analytic capabilities. If you’re passionate about combining your talents with ours to tame this frontier, we’d like to hear from you. Candidate will be required to thrive in a dynamic environment conducting outcome focused experimentation to develop best in class innovative analytics solutions at scale.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviews unfamiliar data sources. Connects to value for business. Able to link to systems.
- Develops process to acquire and integrate data.
- Independently reviews, prepares, designs and integrates complex (type, quality, volume) data correcting problems and recommends data cleansing/quality solutions to major issues.
- Works within Travelers standards, processes, and protocols.
- Develops moderate and applies complex data derivations, business transformation rules, and data requirements.
- Leads medium scale projects and coordinates aspects of larger projects with limited supervision.
- Performs analysis of complex (type, quality, volume) sources to determine value and use. Determines and recommends data to include in analytical projects.
- Creates moderate (technology and features) data visualization techniques to help support data exploration.
- Utilizes business knowledge to explain technical activities in business terms.
- Actively seeks opportunities to expand technical knowledge and capabilities.
- Develops and maintains relationships across the enterprise.
- Applies knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to formulate solutions within the context of assigned projects and/or enhancements.
- Ensures customer satisfaction through professional communication, follow-up, and responsiveness to issues.
- Shares knowledge with users on data or analytic products.
- Builds effective relationships with stakeholders.
- Provides guidance and mentorship to lower level technical employees.
- 4 years of relevant experience with data tools, techniques, and manipulation required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Hands on experience using Spark/Python. Utilizing DataBricks a plus!
- Understanding of AWS Native tools like Lambda, Glue, Kinesis, Terraform scripting, EC2, IAM etc.
- UNderstanding of Microsoft tools, such as MS SQL Server and HDInsights is a plus!
- Hands-on experience in writing complex, optimized SQL queries across large datasets.
- Understanding of tools/technologies like Athena, Redshift and snowflake a plus!
- Understanding of Visualization tools: Tableau, Qliksense or Microstrategy
- Nice to have experience with Airflow DAG for orchestration.
- Having awareness of web development technologies and frameworks like Node Js, React Js, HTML, Java script, CSS is a plus
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Advanced knowledge of data tools, techniques, and manipulation preferred.
- Examples (but not limited to): Big data and Hadoop platforms and languages – SAS, SQL, Spark, Python, Pig, Hive, QlikView, Tableau.
- Ability to communicate thoughts/designs/ideas in an unambiguous manner and adjusts communication based on audience.
- Exhibits active and effective communication skills with team members – including active listening and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Effectively contributes and communicates with the immediate team.
- Able to clearly and concisely communicate with the business. Demonstrates willingness, cooperation, and concern for business issues. Able to understand assigned business unit and business priorities.
- Able to coordinate with other technical areas to achieve project/department or division goals.
- Able to recognize, analyze, and diagnose business and data issues of advanced complexity.
Interested? Please email your resume along with cover letter to email@example.com.